Serena Williams was captured on surveillance camera chasing and catching up to an unidentified man who snatched her cell phone at a San Francisco restaurant on November 4.
.
The Tennis champion shared the story on Facebook on Wednesday saying she was out to dine with a friend when a man came over and stood silently next to her at the table.In the video, which has since gone viral, Williams was seen dining with a male friend who appeared to be Reddit founder Alexis Ohanion -before she suddenly turned vigilante sprung into action after the man snatched her phone.
.
"Not thinking I reacted. (hence the superwoman photo) I jumped up, weaved my way in and out of the cozy restaurant (leaping over a chair or two) and chased him down," wrote Williams on Facebook Wednesday. "He began to run but I was too fast. (Those sprints came in handy) I was upon him in a flash!" She continued.
.
And despite being the victim, Williams tried to give the idiot thief the benefit of the doubt. "I kindly asked him if he "accidentally" took the wrong phone," said Williams.
.
"He stumbled on his words probably not expecting this to happen. While he was thinking of the right thing to say and eventually he said "Gosh you know what I did! It was so confusing in there. I must have grabbed the wrong phone."'
.
Williams, 34, said she then thanked the man, took her phone and returned to her dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment